Thursday, May 6, 2010

Neurosis with a Side of Watermelon


Aaaaaahhhhh... (That was a sigh of relief, not screaming--I know it's hard to tell).  My oldest son and my husband have just driven away to St. Augustine for the 4th grade field trip.  My 2nd grader is in school all day.  I think I'll take this time to enjoy some hot tea and make my to-do list....You will learn that making lists is one of my all-time favorite, yet nerdy, things to do.  I used to write down things that I had already done, just for the satisfaction of crossing them off.  This is pathetic and I'm working through it.

So you'll understand how proud I was to discover this on my 8 year-old Solomon's wipe-off board one day.....

We've got money set aside for his therapy, for I fear I have passed down the "neurotic" gene to my children.

Today, I've got to get the watermelon beds planted (probably too late, but we'll see what happens).  We got to all the other veggie/fruit planting about a month ago, but I lost my watermelon seed packet.  I discovered it in the backyard the other day, ripped open and empty.  I wonder if melons will start to grow in the dog's bellies?  I'm convinced they are the culprits.

 Any-hoo, I picked up some new seeds yesterday and if they grow, they should be ready by late July, early August.  I need something to use for barter, since our new neighbor has mega-awesome avocado trees in his backyard.  I love me some guacamole, so of course, I have strategically aligned myself as his friend.  LOL.

Like my new garden gloves? 

Time to go get them dirty.....  So, have you planted any goodies this spring?  Tell me what you've got growing.  I love a good garden story.
 

1 comment:

  1. I love your new garden gloves. I have worn all of mine out, except for the leather and that's reserved for the really hefty jobs.

    ReplyDelete